To enter this race click the button below
Download Entry form (PDF)
Remember our 5km Fun Run!
Date : 1 MAY 2015
Venue : HOËRSKOOL HUGENOTE HIGH SCHOOL, WELLINGTON
Enquiries : Tel: 021 511 7130
CLOSING DATE: MANUAL ENTRIES: 9TH APRIL 2015 – ONLINE ENTRIES: 19TH APRIL 2015
FIRST 10 000 ENTRANTS TO COLLECT THEIR RACE NUMBERS WILL RECEIVE A GOODY BAG!
Organised by TOP EVENTS in conjuction with the Wellington Athletics Club supported by Wellington Rapportryers under the rules of Athletics South Africa and Boland Athletics.
THIS IS A BOLAND LEAGUE RACE.
Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Wednesday 29th April and Thursday 30th April 2015 from 10h00-17h00 at the following venues:
- Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
- Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
- Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
- Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset West
- Hugenote High School - Wellington
NO NUMBER COLLECTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON RACE DAY.
No upgrades, downgrades or substitutions will be done after the closing date of 9th April 2015.
COMPULSORY DISPOSABLE CHIP: the purchase and use of a disposable chip at a cost of R15.00 is compulsory for the 21.1km and the 10km.
- The Safari Half Marathon is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and Boland Athletics.
- The Safari 21.1km and 10km is open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 15 years and older for the 10km and 16 years and older for the 21.1km.
- Licenced runners must wear club colours. Official event race numbers to be worn on the front and a 2015 licence number on the back of the vest.
- Temporary licences are available at R30 for the 21.1km and 10km events.
- Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Unlicensed runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary licence number on the back.
- Personal seconding is not permitted. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
- In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Athletes competing for a category prize must wear age category tags (on the front and the back).
- No swopping of race numbers or chips as these are linked to your names and finishing time and may result in disqualification.
- Juniors must provide proof of age to qualify for prize money.
- All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
- Proof of age is required for category prizes.
- The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the letter from his/her federation permitting participation on race day.
- Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
- Refreshments stations will be situated approximately every 3km.
- Medals will be handed to all finishers.
- Results will be available on www.topevents.co.za and www.safarihalfmarathon.co.za
- Prize-Giving will take place at 11h30.
- Toilets will be available.
- No ambush marketing.
- There will be a tog bag facility for use at athlete’s own risk. Cell phones, money & jewellery are not to be left in tog bags. No bag tag, no bag.
- FREE parking will be available at the following venues: Huguenot Junior School & Boland Rugby Grounds.
- For information regarding accommodation please contact the Wellington Tourism Bureau on 021 873 4604
- A secure area for the safe keeping of tog bags is available in the school hall. Bags must be collected by 12pm on race day.
NB: Your choice of venue that you have indicated on your entry form will be the only point at which you may collect your number, goody bag etc. This may only be done between the times indicated above.
Only the first 10 000 entrants to collect their numbers will receive a goody bag. No goody bags to 5km entrants. All participants will receive a medal on completion of the event.
The sponsor’s race number must be displayed on the front of your club vest with your provincial or temporary number on the back. To qualify for category prizes, age category tags must clearly be displayed on the front and back of vests.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOULD YOU REQUIRE A CHANGE OF NUMBER OR A TEMPORARY NUMBER ON THE RACE DAY, THAT YOU WILL BE CHARGED R20 FOR THIS.
View a 7-day forecast of weather conditions for Wellington.
21.1 KM HALF MARATHON 7.10 AM
10KM RUN / WALK 9.30 AM
5KM FUN RUN / WALK 9.00 AM
On the Day
- 5km Fun Run and Walk - 09:00 AM
- 21.1KM HALF MARATHON - 07:10AM
- & 10KM RUN/WALK - 09:30AM
- LIQUI FRUIT WELLNESS DAY - 08:00AM – NOON
You will be provided a disposable Timing Chip in your race pack. Instructions on how to fit and attach it will be found in the race pack.
The disposable Timing chip is to be worn on your shoe. Failing to wear your Chip will result in not receiving an official time and you will NOT qualify for prize money.
On the field directly after the finish line, there will be a gazebo where you can view your race result and finishing picture.
Please go with the cursor to your name and your finishing picture will be shown. Official Times will only be released once it is signed off by the Referees, and distributed by the Race Organizers after the race.
PLEASE RECYCLE YOUR CHIP AT THE FINISH IN THE MARKED BOXES.
ACC NO: 4053034692
BRANCH CODE: 632005