SAFARI FRUIT & NUTS - Nature’s tasty snack
To achieve success there must be a semblance of a plan otherwise any road will take you there (the destination might not be where you want to be). Here are some General Training Guidelines.
Tips on how to increase carbohydrate intake:
- Eat carbohydrate-rich foods at every meal, ensuring that they make up two-thirds of your meal.
- Snack on foods high in carbohydrates but low in fat, such as dried fruit.
- Increase the daily number of meals and snacks.
- If you are carbo-loading include concentrated sources of carbohydrates such as dried fruit, sports drinks, and carbohydrate powders and sports bars in your diet.
- Keep carbohydrates readily available at all times - dried fruit is ideal as it needs no preparation and is easily portable.
- Dried fruit contains essential vitamins and minerals, such as iron and potassium. Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen through the body. It also prevents anemia because it encourages the formation of red blood cells. Potassium, however, helps to regulate high blood pressure and counteracts the effects of a high salt intake. This is because it is a natural diuretic that encourages the body to excrete water and sodium, which in turn reduces fluid retention.
Vary the training as much as possible to avoid staleness and boredom.
Dried fruit is:
- A good source of carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins.
- Rich in iron and fiber.
- Low in fat and sodium and contains no cholesterol.
- Free of colourants and artificial sweeteners.
Read more about SAFARI FRUIT & NUTS AND SPORT, as issued by the Sport Science Institute.
LIQUI-FRUIT - NOTHING BUT FRUIT
Nothing but fruit and a whole lot of feel-good attitude. No more, no less!
Over 30 years ago Liqui-Fruit broke new ground in the beverage market as the first ever long-shelf life pure fruit juice. It captured the hearts and minds of South Africans with its colourful logo, innovative packaging, promise of complete convenience and, of course, great taste.
Today, Liqui-Fruit has the enviable reputation as an unsurpassed brand leader and is one of South Africa’s most popularly recognised brands. Our unwavering commitment to quality has ensured credibility in an extremely competitive beverage market.
Liqui-Fruit Fruit Juices have:
- No added sugar
- No added preservatives